The Flu Vaccine is available in Clonminch Pharmacy from September2021.
Please contact the pharmacy to make an appointment.
The children's flu vaccine will be available from early October.
You can get the flu vaccine free at Clonminch Pharmacy if you:
- are 65 years and over
- are pregnant
- are a child aged 2-17 years
- are an adult or a child aged 6 months or older with a long term health condition like:
Chronic heart disease, including acute coronary syndrome
Chronic liver disease
chronic respiratory disease
Moderate or severe asthma
Neurological disease including multiple sclerosis, hereditary and degenerative disorders of the central nervous system
immunosuppression due to disease or treatment (including treatment for cancer)
a Body Mass Index over 40
- are born with Down Syndrome
- are a resident of a nursing home, old people's home or long stay facilities
Some people should get the vaccine to protect themselves, their families and those they care for. These include those who:
- are healthcare workers
- household contacts or carers of who have chronic health conditions or have Down Syndrome - Note household contacts of people aged 65 and over (who do not also have a chronic health condition), pregnant women, children aged 2-17 years or of healthcare workers are not entitled a free flu vaccine.
- People who are in regular contract with pigs, poultry or waterfowl.
This year the flu vaccine available for children aged 2-17 at Staywell Clonminch Pharmacy via a nasal spray. One spray is administered into each nostril.
Anyone who wishes to reduce their risk of infection may choose to have the seasonal influenza vaccine. If you are not in one of the above at risk groups, the flu vaccination is available at Staywell Clonminch Pharmacy for €20.