Ovelle Emulsifying Ointment BP contains a blend of paraffin oils to hydrate and soften all skin types, especially dry skin. Formulated without fragrances, preservatives or colours, it gently soothes as a moisturiser when applied directly on the skin or cleanses as a soap substitute or bath additive. It is greasy and sticky, and leaves a thin layer of oil on the surface of the skin that stops water evaporating. Resulting in a soothing, softening and moisturising effect.
- 2 in 1 moisturise and wash-off soap substitute
- Emulsifying ointment is recommended as a soap substitute, instead of soap, because soaps (including shower gels and bubble baths as soaps are very drying to the skin and perfumed products should be avoided as they tend to irritate skin) can dry out your skin.
- Preservative free
- Remains on the skin for longer, so the moisturising effect lasts longer.
- Topical application of mineral oils can help the skin’s outer layer recover from damage, reduce inflammation, and generally help the skin heal.
- A 96 hour (4-application) patch test in healthy volunteers was carried out to investigate the comparative skin irritation potential of the Cosmetic Product and two controls following cutaneous patch application
- Patch testing with the applicable claims “Dermatologically tested”, “Suitable for babies/newborns”, “Paediatrician approved”, “Clinically tested”, “Clinically proven”, “Kind to skin”, “Mild for skin”, “Safe for skin” and “Suitable for sensitive skin” are all substantiated.