Flu Vaccine 2017/2018
Available from Friday September 22nd 2017
Flu Vaccine - Have you got it yet?
The following patients are strongly advised to receive the flu vaccination at Clonminch Pharmacy:
- All those aged 65 years and over
- All those aged 18-64 in the at risk groups which have been defined as the following:
- chronic illness requiring regular follow up, e.g.
- chronic respiratory disease
- moderate or severe asthma
- chronic heart disease
- liver disease
- neurological disease including multiple sclerosis, hereditary and degenerative disorders of the central nervous system,
- those who are immunosuppressed due to disease or treatment including those with missing or non functioning spleens
- residents of nursing homes, old people's homes, and other long stay facilities
- those with a Body Mass Index over 40
- Healthcare workers
- Household contacts or out of home carer to persons with increased medical risk
- Workers who have close regular contact with pigs, poultry or water fowl
If you are in one of the above risk groups and have a Medical card or Doctor Visit card you are entitled to receive the flu vaccine free of charge at Clonminch Pharmacy.
All other patients can receive the flu vaccine for €20.